[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Tunes for Friday's Jazz Concert

J and J Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:02:45 PDT 2010

Subject: FW: Tunes for Friday's Jazz Concert
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:57:09 -0700
From: shunt at djusd.k12.ca.us

The DHS Jazz Band will present their final concert of the 2009-2010 on Friday evening, June 4 at 7:30 p.m. in the Brunelle Theater at Davis High School.  This group has won numerous awards this past year and this promises to be one of the best concerts ever!  The program will include some modern jazz works including "Slipstream" by Eric Richards, and "Excalibur" by Steve Wiest, as well as some traditional favorites such as "I Get A Kick Out Of You," by Cole Porter, and "Angel Eyes" by Matt Dennis.  Also to be performed will be some of the songs the band performed on their recent trip to Southern California, including the Disney favorites "Alice in Wonderland," and "I Just Can't Wait To Be King."  There are no advanced ticket sales but a suggested donation of $7.00 General Admission -- $6.00 Student/Senior will be asked at the door.

Stephanie Hunt