[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey schedule

David Cross daviddorseycross at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 19:23:45 PDT 2010

Good news: The Monterey schedule is set.  Bad news: no one has volunteered to be carpool coordinator.  We can't go without a carpool coordinator.  Please let me know if you can take on this job.

Mr. Lange will pass out the trip forms this week.

The trip cost and student and chaperone contributions are being finalized and I hope to get this information out this week.

Schedule:

Friday April 9:

1:00 depart DHS (after rehearsal)

4:00 check into Portola Hotel

5:30 dinner (with chaperone)

7:30- 9:30 Next Generation Festival kick off concert (attendance required)- Serra Ballroom

Saturday April 10

7:00 Arise

8:00 breakfast at hotel provided by band boosters

9:00 warm up- De Anza Ballroom

9:30- 10:00  DHS Jazz Band PERFORMANCE- Serra Ballroom

10:30- 11:00 Jazz Band sightreads

11:00- 11:50- Clinic- MFJ Artist in residence- Dianne Reeves- Serra Ballroom

12:00- 2:00 Listen to bands perform; lunch (with chaperone)

2:00- 2:45- Clinic- Berklee College Quartet- Serra Ballroom

3:00- 5:00 listen to bands

5:00- 6:00 special guest performance- Serra Ballroom

6:15- 6:45 Announcement of Big Band Finalists- Serra Ballroom

6:45- 8:15- Dinner (with chaperone)

8:30- Finals- Showcase Concert (featuring DHS Jazz Band-hopefully)- Serra Ballroom

10:00- High School Big Band Awards

Sunday April 11

10:00- 11:00 Brunch- Then depart for DHS (some students will try out for the Next Gen Jazz Orchestra)

Mr. Lange emphasizes that students may not go anywhere but the Portola Plaza and Convention Center without a chaperone.  This means students may not go to the wharf, beach, cannery row, aquarium, etc. without a chaperone.

David Cross
daviddorseycross at yahoo.com
530-574-7080