[Dhsbb-jazz] Opinion needed immediately

J and J Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:54:53 PDT 2010

To: jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
From: fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Subject: Opinion needed immediately
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:01:50 -0700
PARENTS - PLEASE RESPOND TO FRED LANGE DIRECTLY AT fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us

Hello Parents
The Jazz Band traditionally participates in a number of Jazz Festivals throughout the school year.
In the past, we have done the Delta Jazz Festival in Stockton, the Sac State Jazz Festival, the Folsom High Jazz Festival, the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival, the Reno Jazz Festival, and the Fullerton College Jazz Festival (in Anaheim).  RELAX ... Under no circumstances do I expect to do all of these.
The first festival that we have traditionally attended is the Delta Jazz Festival in Stockton.  The date for this is December 4.  I would normally just take the plunge and sign up for this, but last year we encountered some very difficult driving conditions (fog), the result of which was that one of the parents driving was involved in a BIG auto accident and ...  well, you know this story.
Weather is weather and cannot be predicted - I know some of you were very shaken by this last year (as was I).
There is another Jazz Festival in December 11 at Sac State, however I believe this conflicts with the Junior Prom.
We would not do both!!!! I believe the Delta Festival to be a bit better (educationally) and would prefer to do this one but I want your support for this (considering the fog might, again, be a hinderance to our participation.)
My Question:  Do I have your support for participating in the Delta Jazz Festival in Stockton on December 4?
I must submit the applications this coming week.
If you feel strongly either way, please let me know.  If I do not hear from you by Monday, Sept. 13 I will assume that you are fine with any decision I make.
Thank you for your prompt reply

Fred LangeDirector of BandsDavis Senior High SchoolDavis CA 95616
Home Address:815 Pine LaneDavis, CA 95616
Home: (530) 753-3543