[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band Trip to New Orleans

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Mon Dec 5 17:15:58 PST 2011

Hi Jazz Band Parents,

Lots of work has been going into the New Orleans Jazz Band/Jazz Choir Trip coming up in April.
Due to flight costs and timing, we have decided to move the flights to Tuesday 4/10 which will give us a better flight time (not having to get up at 4:00 am on Wed), and will give us all day Wed in New Orleans to see some additional items.
The below timeline is how we currently see the trip coming together.
Tuesday is a travel day.
Wednesday is an Artillery Park performance, Jazz Museum, and a couple of other items, and then a group dinner with the Jazz Choir when then arrive, then the Ghost Tour.
Thursday we are targeting a music exchange at an under-privileged school in the area, some other post lunch activity and then time in the French Qrtr Jazz Festival.
Friday we are targeting time at Univ of New Orleans for Masters classes and performance, then more time at the FQJF.
Saturday a joint performance with Jz Choir at Artillery Park, Swamp Tour and Jolly Inn Dinner & Party.
Sunday is a joint performance at a local church, possible city tour or cemetery tour then fly home.
That is the basic outline of the trip.
There are still lots of details that we are working on, including focusing in on the final cost of the trip.
I am working on that as well.  But this is where we currently are.

Right now it is looking like the trip will cost around $1200.  I don't have exact numbers yet, but working hard on it.
We have already made the 1st deposit for the Airfare, and have other costs that will be coming up shortly.

I would like to get the first deposit $150 in place shortly to make sure that I know who is going on the trip.
As normal, if anyone is in need of financial assistance, please talk with me about it.
We would love to have everyone who wants to go, be able to go on this neat trip.
I will be sending out a money timeline shortly.

You can send checks to:

DHS Band Boosters
Attn:  New Orleans Jazz Band Trip
PO Box 73522