[Dhsbb-jazz] Playathon planning

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:38:13 PST 2011

Call for volunteers: Planning is underway for the 2012 Play-a-thon which will take place either Friday Jan 20, 2012 or Sat Jan 21, 2012. This annual event is set for the weekend after finals, giving students a chance to relax with friends and finish up the semester with an evening of music. Students collect pledges from family and friends to encourage them to keep going in a marathon evening of playing music, interspersed with breaks for food, friends, and dancing to keep the spirits up and the eyes open. All pledges are credited to student band accounts to help defray costs of the upcoming band trip. We will try to send out a pledge form on this listserve before the holidays so that your student can encourage extended family and friends to help support their musical activities....those pledges can really help!

We will have a planning meeting Wednesday Dec 14, 7:30 pm at the home of Jeanette Vance (2806 Bodega Bay Place), to decide on the date and times (Friday or Saturday), format, food and activities for this year's event.  If you would like to participate in the planning or as a volunteer at the event, please contact Jeanette Vance (jenatzle at ucdavis.edu<mailto:jenatzle at ucdavis.edu>, 758-2956) and/or come to the meeting.  We will send out an additional call for volunteers to help with specific jobs early next month. If you can't come that evening but have suggestions or comments, please send them before the meeting.

Thanks!

Jeanette Natzle Vance

Jeanette E. Natzle, Assoc. Professor
Molecular & Cellular Biology