[Dhsbb-jazz] Play-a-thon

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 16:50:40 PST 2011

Dear Band students and parents,

Playathon is planned for Friday  Jan 20 overnight to early Sat Jan 21,
2012. We are planning a very entertaining  event with new activities, music
theme hours, door prizes and lots of food, fun  and music. The format of
Playathon is different this year, and without the  concerts before and after the
event, there will be lots more "play" without the  need to prepare for a
performance in this new structure.  It should be a  lot of fun.  This is also an
important opportunity to get pledges  that will earn credits to help  reduce
the cost of the upcoming spring band  trip. However, we hope all students
will plan to attend this fun event  regardless of whether or not they are
fundraising for the trip.   I have attached a Playathon pledge form for
students to use for collecting  pledges as they visit with extended family and
friends this holiday season. Even  small pledges add up quickly! More
information and permission slips will be sent  home after the first of the year.

Have a happy holiday season
Jeanette  Natzle, Playathon coordinator