[Dhsbb-jazz] Important Canada Information

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 14:58:54 PST 2011

Hi All,
Our Canada trip is just a few months away and many are working hard behind
the scenes to put it all together.

Trip dates are:  Thursday May 19th to Tuesday May 24th,  2011.

Now is the time to be sure that you have the correct paperwork in process
(at least) or done (hopefully) and sent to Kathryn Shickman for her  files.
Email Kathryn if you have any questions,  _kshickman at sbcglobal.net_
(mailto:kshickman at sbcglobal.net) .  You can  check our band booster web site to
determine just what documentation is  needed.  Additionally, if your child will
be traveling with a passport  other than from the US, please check to see if
they will also need a student  visa, and be sure to get any additional
documents needed together.  I've  included a link below which may help, but the
link is also listed on our web  site.

_http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html#s1_
(http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html#s1) .

The kids signed up for  flight groups in class last week, and our tickets
have now been  processed. The good news is that no one is walking to Seattle!
  We got a very good price on our tickets - the current price is already
$60  higher than the price we paid when I originally booked these seats back
in  September.  The interesting news is that due to our large group size,
and the shuffling of all of our original flights when Alaska changed their
schedules, we are traveling in 3 different groups for our trip.  We will  post
flight group lists later, but hopefully your child can remember if they
signed up in group 1, 2, or 3.  Below are the details and current flight
numbers for the 3 different groups.  Since this is only February, there is  a
distinct chance Alaska/Horizon Air may shuffle flight schedules again, and the
 info listed here could change before May. Current info for our 3  groups
is listed below.

Specific trip check in procedures  are still being developed, so student
trip check in times may change, but  a general time frame for meeting at the
HS on departure day is listed by each  group.  The kids will gather at the
high school then travel by assigned  carpools to Sac Airport for drop off and
check in for their flights.

Note that dress blacks and  instruments will be checked in on Wed. May 18th
so they  can be loaded on  the truck  leaving before us, that will be
driving from DHS to Victoria  .

Remember to check our web  page and join the new Face Book page for current
band trip information  at any time.

Katie Horn
Trip  Coordinator

THURSDAY MAY  19

Group 1  (will meet at  DHS at least by 2:15 pm)
Departure  flights:
Horizon  Air QX2618  Sacramento to  Portland         (depart  Sac 4:45 pm,
arrive Portland 6:25  pm)
Horizon Air QX2030  Portland to Seattle              (depart Portland 7:00
pm, arrive Seattle  7:50 pm)
Return Flight:
Alaska Air:  A5372  Seattle to Sacramento               (departs Seattle
7:55 pm, arrives Sac  9:35 pm)
Group 2  (will meet at  DHS at least by 3:30 pm)
Departure  flight:
Alaska  flight  A5363 Sacramento to  Seattle          (departs Sac  6:10
pm, arrive Seattle 7:58  pm)
Return Flights:
Horizon Air QX2047 Seattle to Portland                (departs Seattle 7
pm, arrives  Portland 7:50 pm)
Horizon Air QX2581 Portland to Sacramento       (departs Portland 8:55 pm,
arrives Sac  10:30 pm)
Group 3  (will meet at  DHS at least by 3:30 pm)
Departure  flight:
Alaska  flight  A5363 Sacramento to  Seattle           (departs Sac  6:10
pm, arrive Seattle 7:58  pm)
Return Flight:
Alaska Air:  A5372  Seattle to Sacramento           (departs Portland 8:55
pm, arrives Sac  10:30 pm)