[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Coconut Grove

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Thu Feb 3 14:23:57 PST 2011

Bulletin to all Jazz Band supporters,

One of the great accompaniments to the fine music of Coconut Grove's
jazz bands has been some truly excellent food.  The speed at which the
mix of desserts and savories students serve belies the hours of work
that many, many volunteers put in ahead of the big night.

It is far too big a job for simply a handful of people, which is what
we have now.

Specifically, we need:

1.  Kitchen staff for shifts from 6:00-8:15 p.m and from 8:15-10 p.m.
to set up plates for students to carry to the audience.
We'll be serving appetizers and desserts.

2. Appetizers:, we need to buy some food, specifically baguettes,
olives, baby cherry tomatoes, cheeses, meat.
Please let me know if you are willing to provide any of the food items
and I'll let you know how much we need. It will help me keep track of
what will be provided.

3. Desserts: We have been serving desserts each year. I have some cake
recipes I'll be happy to share or you can use your own recipe. Also
you can bring a cake you purchase. Again, please let me know what your
plans are so I can be prepared and know what else to provide.

4. Some fruit is also a great idea, both to serve and to decorate
plates.

This is a volunteer-run performance. We'd like to make it work, so
please join in,

Anula
cell phone: 219-4457
home phone: 759-7899