[Dhsbb-jazz] questions and information re transportation to Monterey for the Jazz Band

Lynne Rumery lynnerumery at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:09:45 PDT 2011

Hello, Jazz Band families!

I hope all is well with you and yours.  I am trying to finalize
transportation arrangements to Monterey and still have some questions.  In
an attempt not to be too confusing(!), I'll indicate what I already know and
make a ?? list for what I don't...

Here's what I'm counting on, then:

Hochman/Wolfe Family - 2 students in addition to Noah, both ways
Wardrip Family - 2 students in addition to Jonathan, both ways
Ebeler Family - 3 students in addition to William, both ways
Rumery Family - 1 (and possibly 2, if they don't mind being a little
squooshed!) student(s) in addition to Michael, both ways
Young Family - transporting Bobby TO Monterey
Boulanger Family - transporting Lauren both ways
Shickman Family - transporting Jordan to and from Monterey, returning with
Bobby Young in addition to Jordan
Chew Family - transporting Richard - and possibly others (not sure how many,
though?) FROM Monterey only
Miille Family - transporting Jake to  - and also from? - Monterey
Hamaguchi Family - transporting Evan to and from Monterey
Horn Family - transporting Jenny to and from Monterey

I am aware there are currently three students who need transportation both
ways (Spencer, Dana, and Jacob), and that's NO problem at all!  I am also
aware that Richard Chew needs a ride TO Monterey only.

Here are my questions, then:

Do any of the following students need rides either to or from Monterey - or
both ways?

Alejandro Lavernia*
Matthew Yee
Stefan Waterstraat*
Rowan McGuire
Emma Maul
Adam Drown
Jung-Eun Shin
Scott Yamamoto*
May Zhang
Sam Theg*
Andy McCauley*

* I know the family is coming, but don't know if the student still needs
transportation (in case of differing departure times, etc.)

If any of the families who are traveling to Monterey could also indicate to
me if they could transport additional students, it would be a great help.
We are still in need of passenger seats for several of the students.  We are
planning on departing Davis after school on Friday, April 1, and returning
around 10 a.m. or so on Sunday, April 3.  The band performs only on
Saturday, but there are performances the students and families can attend on
both Friday evening and Sunday during the day.

All students need to have Forms 2a and 2b filled out and returned to me via
my son, Michael (or directly to me, if you prefer, at 1132 Petra Ct., Davis
95618).  If you are driving and have already filed Forms 3a and 3b (which is
a three-page form, so beware...) with the school (because you have driven
earlier in the school year), then you needn't fill these out again.  If you
haven't done this, though, please fill them out and get them to me via
Michael as well.   If you are only transporting your own child and haven't
already filed Form 5 with the school, then you need to do this - I know,
this one's ridiculous!!  Thanks to our wonderful Wes Young(!), all necessary
forms are on the Band Boosters' website.  Please just download what you
need, fill them out, and have your student give them to Michael in jazz
band, who will give them to me.  (It's possible Form 5 isn't quite on the
website yet, too - might have to give it a couple of days...)

As always, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! - and my apologies for this rather
COMPLICATED message!

Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

With warm wishes and many thanks,

Lynne Rumery
lynnerumery at gmail.com
753-4301