[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey trip info - PLEASE READ!

Lynne Rumery lynnerumery at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:39:11 PDT 2011

Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry I am just getting to you now.  Here are the plans for tomorrow
(Friday, April 1):

The students who are traveling with their parents will leave with them
according to their desires.  These students are:

Evan Hamaguchi
Jordan Shickman
Scott Yamamoto
Rowan McGuire
Andy McCauley
Alejandro Lavernia
Bobby Young - might have a baseball game, so could be departing late
Jake Miille - might have a baseball game, so could be departing late

Of the seventeen remaining students, I am aware that these six could be
leaving early:

Stefan Waterstraat
May Zhang
Adam Drown
Jonathan Wardrip
Jenny Horn
Lauren Boulanger

I will get paperwork to these families this evening, so they will be ready
to go early tomorrow.

I am planning on the remaining eleven students to be leaving with carpools
from DHS after 7th period.  We will gather near the IPAB as close to 3:45 as
possible.  We'll be looking for the following students, then:

Will Ebeler
Spencer Park
Matthew Yee
Noah Wolfe
Dana Natov
Richard Chew
Sam Theg
Jacob Cross
Emma Maul
Jung-Eun Shin
Michael Rumery

John and Sue Ebeler, Julie Hochman, Jill and Steve Theg, and Lynne Rumery
will all be at DHS to load up.  Everyone has been assigned to a specific
car, so please have your students check with me (Lynne Rumery) before they
settle in.  I'm not sure what to tell you re luggage.  Here is the seating
arrangement for the carpoolers.  You might be able to get your student's
luggage to the family in advance or bring it to your student before they
leave.

Going with John and Sue Ebeler (and Will):  Spencer Park and Matthew Yee -
(Ebeler phone - 758-0084)
Going with Julie Hochman (and Noah)  - Dana Natov and Richard Chew (Hochman
phone - 758-5577)
Going with Jill and Steve Theg (and Sam) - Jacob Cross, Emma Maul, and
Jung-Eun Shin (Theg phone - 753-7871)

We do want to try our best to get to Monterrey in time for a wonderful
opening concert.  It is in the Serra Ballroom I-MCC (which I assume is the
Monterey Conference Center, which is adjacent to the hotel).  Doors open at
7:30, and it fills up very quickly.  Perhaps families who are already there
might be able to save some seats?  This might not be appropriate, though, so
see what you think.  The concert starts at 8 p.m. and should be a real
treat!

When you arrive at the hotel, there are parents designated as the check-in
people.  They are:

The Shickmans
The Hamaguchis
The Yamamotos
The Horns
The Rumerys

Any of these parents can pick up the *students'* packets and hand out their
keys.  Adult chaperones can get their keys at the front desk when they
arrive.  Whoever arrives first, please go to the front desk and ask for the
packets.  If you don't mind leaving your cell phone number at the desk for
the incoming students to contact you, that would be a great help!  There are
seven rooms for the kids - 5 quads, 1 triple, 1 double.  (There are a total
of 22 rooms reserved for our entire party (for Friday - 12 doubles, 5
triples, and 5 quads, and for Saturday, 11 doubles, 4 triples, and 5
quads)).   The person who has made the arrangements for us at the hotel is
named Sandy Ram.

We will have breakfast food for the kids for both mornings.  As far as I
know, they will have to purchase their other meals.  They just need to bring
what they need for band (they are responsible for bringing their own
instruments!), some clothes - including a bathing suit, if they want to swim
at the hotel! - and some money for meals.  We are estimating our departure
time back to Davis on Sunday, 4/3, will be approx. 10 a.m.

I am attaching the directions I will be using, mostly so you can find your
way to the hotel once you're in Monterey.  I know there are different ways
to get to Monterey, but thought I'd at least provide these.  I am also
attaching a list of the cell phone numbers I have for students and families
who are going, so we can be in touch with each other easily.  We will only
use these numbers for this purpose on the trip.

Many thanks to all of you!  I hope this answers your questions.  Please feel
free to contact me - 753-4301 or 304-2577 - or by e-mail, if you have any
concerns.

This should be a GREAT TIME!!

With warmest wishes to all of you,

Lynne Rumery

We have 7 rooms for the kids.  5 quads, 1 triple, 1 double