[Dhsbb-jazz] UC Davis Band Camp for JR. HS students

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Fri May 13 17:19:21 PDT 2011

This is a message that was sent out on Facebook that some of you may be interested in.  It is from a member of our Band Boosters who also is the director of the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh here on the UC Davis Campus.  If any of you have younger students playing in Jr. HS,  Please take a look.
Cheers,  ~JAH
o    I am writing to invite your student to the second year of our Junior High School concert band camp at UC Davis, co-sponsored by the Department of Music and the Department of Campus Recreation. As this is still a new camp for band students in the local area, we are trying to get the information out to a wide audience. If you could pass along this information to your students and colleagues, I would be greatly appreciative!

Last year's camp was quite a hit and, due to requests from participants, we have extended this year's camp to a two-week session! The morning sessions will be filled with ensemble rehearsal, sectionals, and group instrumental lessons. The afternoons will be filled with a variety of fun activities with our great UC Davis student staff! The final afternoon will feature a pizza and swim party, with an evening outdoor concert featuring a program that demonstrates their hard work and musical growth!

Please follow this link to get to the camp registration page (http://bit.ly/kqmsAj) or go the the UC Davis Campus Recreation web site, where you can follow the links to the Youth Programs page and Summer Camp Registration.

I look forward to seeing you at camp this Summer!

Band Camp
June 20th through July 1st
Pricing Key: