[Dhsbb-jazz] Last minute REMINDERS for CANADA

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue May 17 14:22:35 PDT 2011

Last minute trip  reminders:

1.  Students should begin packing tonight.  Anything they can't  fit into
their carry on luggage can be put in another bag to go onto the  truck.
Truck is departing TOMORROW, so bring any items for the truck to  school between
2 and  5 p.m. on Wednesday.

2.  Remember to pack an airport friendly dinner that can make it  through
security, preferably with no peanuts to help out our students with
allergies.  Airport security will toss any liquids or soft/gel like  foods.  Pack
hard fruits, sandwiches, bagels, crackers but leave the  yogurt, bananas and
juice boxes at home.  We are not in the big terminal,  so there will be
limited food to purchase at the airport in Sacramento.   Kids can also bring an
empty water bottle to fill on the other side of security  if they like, or may
be able to purchase water or drinks once on the other  side.

3.  Lists have been posted at school so kids can find their departure
group if they have forgotten.  These were also sent out in emails around  the
end of March so check your email box if you can't remember which group your
child is in.

Group 1 meets at DHS for trip check in between 1:30 - 1:45, and  Groups 2
and 3 will meet for check in at DHS between 3 and 3:15 pm. on  THURSDAY.

If your child must bring their luggage at the beginning of  school on
Thursday, Mr. Lange has said that they can leave it along the  wall of the band
room until check-in, then retrieve it before officially  checking in.
Remember there will be other groups using the room that  morning so items need to
be out of the way, and will not be officially  "secured".

4.  The weather in Canada continues to change.  As of today it  appears to
be about half rainy days, half sunny days during our stay.   Always the high
temperature will be in the mid 50's  - just about our  current temp today,
so rain or shine, it will be chilly.  Plan  accordingly.

5.  PASSPORTS or birth certificate with picture ID:  Your student  should
have these with them on THURSDAY.

Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to help with check in on
Wed and Thursday, driving to and from the airport, at the trip committee
meetings all year, and those brave enough to go on this trip with 126
teenagers!  We have one fantastic group of Band Boosters!

Katie Horn