[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Victoria update

J and J Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 10:38:02 PDT 2011

The following is another informative update on the band trip - thank you, Sheila!

Joyce
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 23:45:39 -0700
From: sheilaallen530 at yahoo.com
Subject: Victoria update

Another full day in Victoria-

There were clouds in the sky but no rain fell on our concert in front of the Parliament building.  Band sounded great and their music carried across the water.  Nice venue.  We took a big group photo on steps after the performance.

The Jazz Band played right afterwards down by the water.  Very well received and as always a swinging great performance.  The next Jazz Band after us was short on trumpets, so two of our guys filled in and sight read with them.

At night the whole group spent 3 hours at Crystal Pool, a huge indoor pool with diving boards, a rope swing into the water (we would NEVER see that at a Davis pool), chicken fights in the water, water basketball, frisbee games and keep-away, "surfing" like games on pool toys, hot tub, sauna...  They are VERY tired now and all is quiet at 11:45.

Tomorrow we are off to Butchart Gardens for another concert.

All is well way up north.

Sheila