[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Sunday in Victoria

J and J Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 07:52:00 PDT 2011

Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 00:12:35 -0700
From: sheilaallen530 at yahoo.com
Subject: Sunday in Victoria

A nice day to sleep in and lounge around this morning.  We have breakfast served in our own conference area each morning.  That is nice and convenient although the same exact thing each day-scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon and toast.  Only a few kids are suddenly "vegan" as then the hotel will make oatmeal with syrup and fruit.  It is the only fruit I have seen since arriving.

We went to Butchard Gardens today.  A great concert that was well attended.  For the swing music songs a couple drummers went out and danced with some audience members (including me-what fun!)  I was pretty surprised that all these teenagers seemed to enjoy a very large and impressive garden.  They were strolling around in groups for about 2 hours taking lots of pictures and just chatting.  The sun even peeked out some.

Students had tonight to go downtown and have dinner on their own.  The city is friendly and clean and not really all that crowded considering the parade and celebration is tomorrow.  I think the kids are enjoying a chance to get out of their own.  They are super good about checking out and in of the hotel and staying together in groups and returning before their curfew.

Once again parents from other bands and other hotel guests have commented how well behaved our students are and I agree.  What a great group!

Sheila