[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: What a wonderful band !

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Thu May 26 12:11:39 PDT 2011

Thank you to all the parents and kids who made the Spring Band Trip such a
success.  From the fundraisers all year long, to the monthly planning
meetings, the brave chaperones who traveled with us, as well as the road crew
students who really put in some overtime....all went smoothly and led to a
wonderful experience for all.

I heard many comments from folks during our performances, but have included
 one note from a fan below for all to enjoy.  Imagine, we dodged the rain
and made it through every one of our Canadian performances, only to get
rained  out in Davis!  Go figure....

Thanks again for everyone working together to pull off such a fabulous
trip!

Katie Horn

Subj: What a wonderful band !

Hello Katie and John

I hope the Davis Band enjoyed their trip to Victoria  because many others
who had the pleasure of listening to them certainly were  glad they came to
our sleepy city.
I went to Butchart Gardens on the Sunday and was absolutely  amazed at how
good the band was – certainly FAR beyond your average high  school band –
simply excellent.  However, my husband went down on the  Monday to listen to
them in front of the Legislative Buildings and his gast  was utterly
flabbered!  He heard the jazz band at 3pm (but unfortunately  wasn’t able to stay
for the 4pm performance).  He was thinking what a  superior jazz/blues band
they were but many others happened to chat to him and  made the same comment.
 He spoke to one chap who said he organized jazz  bands in the city and
that the Davis Band was far superior than most of the  gigs he booked!  My
husband also happened to chat to numerous Americans  (he’s a gregarious chap),
quite a number from California, who were not aware  that the band was playing
in Victoria.  Every single American my husband  spoke to were absolutely
thrilled that such a band still exists (bearing in  mind the economy and all
the funding cuts), let alone of such a high  caliber.  They were all
enthralled and very, very impressed.  The  city of Victoria was very lucky to have
the pleasure of their  music.
I hope you will pass on our congratulations to the band for  a simply
splendid job.
Regards
Al & Caroline Graham
Victoria