[Dhsbb-jazz] Reminder about "Lest we Forget" concert

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Sun Nov 13 16:22:36 PST 2011

DHS Symphonic Band Presents a Tribute to our Veterans

The Davis Senior High School Symphonic Band is preparing a special concert, “Lest We Forget”, as a tribute to the men and women of the armed forces who are prepared to sacrifice all to protect our freedom. The seventy-six member band will take the stage at 7:30 p.m. on Monday November 14 at the Brunelle Performing Arts Theater on the high school campus at 315 W. 14th Street. The concert will feature selections that incorporate the service songs and hymns of the Army, Navy (“Journal for a Soldier”), Air Force (“Prayer and Jubilation”) and Marines (“Esprit de Corps”). This moving performance will also feature stirring marches and a tribute to “The Greatest Generation”, those who endured the hardships of service in World War II. As a special surprise, the performance of “Inchon” will feature a helicopter fly – in. A suggested donation of $8.00 General/$6.00 Student or Senior/$20.00 Family will be accepted at the door. However, anyone arriving in a military uniform (or part of a uniform) will be admitted free, with thanks for their service on our behalf.

If you have a neighbor, friend or relative that is a veteran please invite them to come with you to enjoy the concert!

Jeanette Natzle
Publicity chair