[Dhsbb-jazz] San Diego here we come!

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 12:55:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,
It's that time of year again - preliminary plans are already coming
together for our proposed DHS Spring Band Trip to San Diego, and we need to get
our committee officially up and running so all the pieces can come  together.
 The proposed dates of the trip are April 27 - May 1st, but they  may
change by a day or so on either end at this point, since our performances  are
not finalized.  (Remember, the band trip is totally optional for the
students, but we do hope all will choose to attend - and Band Boosters is here  to
assist financially if needed to ensure that all students who want to make the
 trip, do so).

The trip committee is a group of parent volunteers and a student
representative who will meet about once per month to review plans, and make the
decisions for the trip.  Those interested in possibly chaperoning on the  trip
should try to attend the meetings so that you are "in the know" about all
the details of the trip.  Some parents will be busy making arrangements for
the group before we travel, others will simply come to share input as the
plans  develop and others will become worker bees on the trip itself.  Planning
a  trip of this magnitude takes many hours of planning but is lots of fun,
so I  hope you will consider being a part of the trip committee.

We will have our first meeting in late September.  If you are  interested
in joining please use our new sign up system on Sign Up Genius to  indicate
your interest, by following the link below.

_www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20111242/753672
_ (http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20111242/753672)

Have a great week!

Katie Horn