[Dhsbb-jazz] Last reminders for New Orleans Trip

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 14:20:59 PDT 2012

Last reminders for New Orleans Travelers:  (Okay, with 3 days left  till
departure, I can only dream that this will be the "last" reminder, but  maybe,
right??)   Katie

Meds:
Mr. Lange will be at DHS by 11 a.m. on Tuesday to collect  student
medications.  (If you have no meds to check, the meeting time is  11:15 a.m. for
everyone).   Please have medications in their  original containers, in a
ziplock bag with an index card with the name of the  student on it inside the bag
too.  If you have meds to check in, allow a  few extra minutes on this
arrival day to get this all handled.  Kids can  carry glucagon, and other
diabetic supplies, epi pens, and also inhalers, but a  back up of these should be
with Mr. Lange as well.

ID:
All students will need to bring an official government issued Photo  ID if
over 18 (driver's license, DMV ID card, passport)   if Under 18 then any of
these will do, or a student body card  works too.

Food:
It may be hard to get food during the brief lay over in Chicago.   Bring a
bag dinner for the airplane .  Food can be purchased in flight but  they
don't take cash, so a debit or credit card would be needed.    Remember
airplane food can't be liquid or soft before security.  Kids can  purchase drinks
or any foods after security before boarding the  plane.

Shoes:
We will do a lot of walking on this trip!  We are 1.3 miles from the
French Quarter and will be making trips in and out of there sometimes multiple
times each day.  There is a tram system to help with transport, but we may
find it more practical to walk much of the time.  COMFORTABLE walking shoes
are a must!

Other items:
Don't forget your swimsuit for the hotel pool, jazz band clothes, maybe a
light wind breaker/rain jacket  ADULTS:  Something appropriate  for a
Southern Episcopal Church (the final performance of the trip is  at their Sunday
Worship Service)..........likely a tie for the men, no jeans,  maybe a skirt
for the women, covered shoulders.....?

Weather:
Looks to be warm.  Sat. and Sun. get a little warmer up to 84 or  so...

Think sunscreen, clothing for warm, humid weather...

Tuesday

High: 82°F
Low: 64°F

Partly cloudy with a stray  thunderstorm

Wednesday

High: 79°F
Low: 62°F

Partly cloudy

Thursday

High: 79°F
Low: 70°F

Partly cloudy

Friday

High: 82°F
Low: 71°F

Isolated  thunderstorms

Spending Money:
All breakfasts are provided , 2 lunches and  2 dinners.   Kids will need to
purchase all the rest of their meals, any snacks,  as  well as any
souvenirs.  Estimated amount to consider bringing would be  approximately $75 -
$125.  We will have a trip bank for any student who  finds they are running low
on funds - so no one will go hungry!