[Dhsbb-jazz] the first day

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Aug 22 16:40:19 PDT 2012

This is the first year of the rest of our lives...

When I was in junior high school I thought this sentiment was powerful.  Lately it has become over-used and a bit corny.

However today it really does mean something to me.

This is the first year for the new version of the Davis High School Bands led by Mr. Tom Slabaugh.  To him I wish the best of luck in this new part of his career.  Tom, you have some great students and a great support team in the boosters.

To our students, give Mr. Slabaugh all of your best efforts in and outside of class.  You have a great legacy to uphold.  Don't let down - not even for an instant!

To our boosters, now led by Sue and John Ebeler, I know you will support Tom's efforts as well as you supported mine.

and yes, for me..

Again thank you for all you have done to make my short time at Davis High THE most important part of my life and especially for the great way you sent me on the next part of my journey.

This is the first day of the rest of my life.

Fred Lange

P.S.    It is now 9:00 and time for 2nd period at DHS.  I'm off to Starbucks with some of my friends.

Home Address:
815 Pine Lane
Davis, CA 95616

Home: (530) 753-3543