[Dhsbb-jazz] Play-A-Thon Volunteers needed

Susan Ebeler seebeler at ucdavis.edu
Wed Dec 12 21:36:37 PST 2012

Dear Band Families
In past years we have had a Play-A-Thon event held shortly after the Holiday Break.  The Play-A-
Thon has been an all night event where the band students spend the night playing lots of fun
music with guest conductors.  Interspersed with the music is time for fun and games and
spending time with band friends.  The students also can raise money for the band program and
band trip by getting pledges for the number of hours they participate/number of songs played
etc.

Mr. Slabaugh has been talking with the students about whether they want to do this event this
year and the overwhelming vote is YES, the students want to do this.

However, we currently do not have a Parent Coordinator or volunteers to help with this event. In
order to do this event, we will need some volunteers to step forward to help plan and run the
Play-A-Thon. The Emerson MPR is already reserved for the night of January 18 starting at 7 pm.
There is information from last year's coordinator that can be used as a starting point for this year.
And the students and Mr. Slabaugh have some ideas too......so now all we need are parents to
volunteer to help.

This event can't happen without some additional parent assistance. If you are interested in
helping to plan and coordinate this event, please contact John and Sue Ebeler by next Wed., Dec.
19.

Thanks!
Sue and John
dhsbbpresident at gmail.com