[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz Band New Orleans Info

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 15:25:26 PST 2012

Hi Folks,
Some are asking for a reminder as to New Orleans trip details and financial
 info, so here is all the info again, cut and pasted into one neat email.
Note:  Nothing has changed since my last email, it's just all here in one
place for you now.....

Enjoy!

Katie

Flight Info:

4/10 Depart SMF flight #332 at 1:53 p.m., land in ORD (Chicago) 7:51 p.m.,
connect to flight #502 which departs at 8:58 p.m. and arrives MSY at 11:20
p.m.

4/15: Depart MSY flight # 630 at 3:36 p.m., land in DEN 5:30 p.m., connect
to flight #375 departing at 6:55 p.m. and return to SMF at 8:34 p.m.

Hotel:  Hampton Inn and Suites, New Orleans Convention Center   (504)
566-9990

Below is the recommended schedule of installments  (For students and adults
traveling with the band):  (Send to the  Band PO Box, clearly marked that
this is for New Orleans and whether you are  sending contributions for a
student, adult or both)
$300 – Jan 15th
$300 – Feb 7th
$300 – Feb 25th
Balance – Mar 15th
(Remember, that the student balance amount will be  figured out after
Coconut Grove and will include all the fundraising credits  students have earned.
 Look for an individual email sent by John soon after  Coconut Grove to
determine the recommended balance for your  student.)
We don’t have an exact cost yet, but it is anticipated to be around $1200
for the entire trip.

FYI: For those that booked flights separately for this trip (chaperones
and/or students) the amount of your trip will be less $515, the cost of the
band's round trip flight.

Also, when we travel, all kids will need to bring government ID with them
if over 18, (Driver's license. If they are over 18 and don't have a DL, then
an  official DMV ID card , passport or birth certificate will be needed).
If under  18, still bring a DL if possible, or school ID otherwise.

PS: Don't forget to RSVP to Sheila Allen about the Jazz Band/Jazz Choir
potluck on Sat. March 31st at Stonegate. We are hoping all travelers will
attend, and hopefully it will be a good time for all the adults going on the
trip to gather and talk about specific details of the trip. Many folks are
traveling separately from the band, and so there are some special logistics
to  figure out. See you there!