[Dhsbb-jazz] New Orleans Flight Info

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 15:10:22 PST 2012

Hi Jazz Band Families,

As I stated at the recent Band Boosters Meeting we have great news!

As I have learned, airlines like to keep you on your toes when planning
group travel, and suddenly change your flights on you with little regard to
how  it might affect your group....

And as such, I received a call from United informing us that our return
flight had indeed been changed..........with us returning at midnight on the
15th (vs. the original 11:20 pm return)

But no worries - after a bit of searching we now have new return flights
for our group which are much better than even our original flights were.

Our CURRENT FLIGHTS for the Jazz Band New Orleans Trip  are:

Departure (unchanged):
April 10, 2012:  Depart SMF  (sacramento) at 2:50 pm United flight # 448.
Connects through Denver to  flight # 947, and arrives ultimately MSY (New
Orleans) at 11:04 p.m. local  time.

Return (changed)
April 15th, 2012  Depart MSY 2:55 p.m. United flight #  630.  Connects
through Denver to flight # 375, ultimately arriving SMF at  8:02 p.m.

I know some of you parents have used your miles to arrange your own
flights which may now be a bit different than what your child is flying, but
likely all of us will have flight changes before April anyhow, as this seems to
be the norm with air travel these days unfortunately.

Anyhow, for now at least, these are our times. And getting back 3 hrs
earlier than planned for the group is a welcome gift with school the next  day.

Katie

PS:  Many have been asking about $$ for this trip, and John H. should  be
getting a note out about that soon.  Suffice it to say that we will be
paying the remainder of the airline bill in Mid Feb. so most of the costs will
need to be covered by then.  Overall cost per student for this trip is not
yet known, but best guess puts it around $1200...?