[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: coconut Grove

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 14:08:58 PST 2012

A note from Sue Ebeler.  If you can help out please let Sue know  at
_seebeler at ucdavis.edu_ (mailto:seebeler at ucdavis.edu)

Thanks!

____________________________________

Dear Band Parents:
Plans for Coconut Grove on  March 10 are well underway. We are still
looking for some volunteers
to  help with various committees.  In many cases, this year's committee
coordinators have children
who will be graduating this year, so we'd like  to get back-ups this year
who can step in and help
out next year. Listed  below are the committees we'd like help with and a
brief description of the
responsibilities.  If you have questions about any of these areas,  please
don't hesitate to ask.

*Food/Dessert Coordinator.   Coordinate volunteer sign-ups and dessert
donations.
*Facilities and  Set-up.  Help to coordinate facility set-up for event.
Organize table  rental and set-
up on day of event.
*Decorations.  Help with  decoration planning and set up.  Most of the
decoration planning is well
underway, but we really need some back-up help for this committee.
*Sound.  Help to coordinate and set up sound equipment on day of  event.
*Publicity.  Help with advertising and announcements for  Coconut Grove
*Tickets.  Help with coordinating ticket sales, keeping  track of
reservations.

We hope that you will consider helping  out.  This is a great way to meet
other Band Parents.
Coconut  Grove is one of our major fundraisers and proceeds go to help
off-set costs  for students
who participate and who will attend the band trips to San  Diego and New
Orleans.  All students
will have the opportunity to  volunteer and accrue volunteer credit hours
by participating in
Coconut  Grove.

Sue