[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Closure of the Parking Lot at the IPAB

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed May 2 12:10:29 PDT 2012

FYI:  This is something that is likely going to impact most of us.
Timing is brilliant!
Have fun,
~JAH

Hi all,

This morning we were told that the IPAB/VET's parking lot will be additionally closed for the for the week of 5/18-5/24.
Basically,  after 5/18  don't plan on it being usable until mid July.

Thanks,
Kathy

________________________________

Hi all,

We have recently learned that the large parking lot between the High School and the Vet's Center will have the solar panel installation started earlier than anticipated.  This means that for some of your performances  there will be limited access to the parking lot,  and for some, the lot will be closed altogether.  I have included the timeline below,  but you will definitely need to give special instructions to your students and parents about their parking and access options.

It seems the stadium parking area will be open to everyone AFTER school hours  and the district is looking into alternative options for people. (I wouldn't count on these being for non-school hours, but at least you aren't fighting angry high school drivers.)

Let me know what I can do to help you  as you think about how to adjust to this.  (Signboard pointing the audience towards  the building?)

Here is the plan as it stands:
May 3-14th minor construction work in which some sections of lot will be cordoned off
May 17th Tree mourning ceremony (am) students/faculty are invited
May 18th the full start of the project
May 24-29th  full shut down (Marc Hicks will work with the Davis police cadets and community resources to only let faculty and staff into and park in the stadium lot)
June 1-5th pour concrete- total shut down (Marc Hicks will work with the Davis police cadets and community resources to only let faculty and staff into and park in the stadium lot)June 7 and 8th no construction (last day of school and graduation)
June 9th-July 13th total shut down

Best of luck,

Kathy Peter
Performing Arts Facilities Coordinator