[Dhsbb-jazz] 3 Announcements

Susan Ebeler seebeler at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 12 23:22:24 PST 2012

Dear Band Families
1) Reminder: Please turn in Disneyland Trip forms this week by November 14—everyone should
turn in a form to indicate whether your child will plan to participate on the trip. Forms were sent
home with band students during the first week of November. Copies of trip information and
reservation forms can also be found on the Band Boosters Web site:
http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters/download-forms-information

Every child who wants to go on the trip will be included.  Fair share costs are estimated at
$450/student—but if that amount is difficult for your family right now, any amount contributed is
appreciated. Fundraising efforts throughout the year will help to ensure that all students will be
able to go on the trip. We appreciate all the volunteer hours people have contributed so far this
year—there will be additional opportunities to participate in fundraising efforts and we hope
everyone in the band can participate in these fundraising activities.

2) We need one or two parent volunteers to help coordinate this year’s Adjudication Festival. This
year’s Festival will be a little different than in the past and will include participation by the Junior
High Bands and several bands from surrounding communities. The Festival will be March 21-23,
2013. Mr. Slabaugh has a file with information about organizing Festivals and families in the
Junior High Booster organizations will also be available to help. We would like to get the planning
for this started as soon as possible, so if you are interested in helping with this, please contact
John and Sue Ebeler at dhsbbpresident at gmail.com

3) The Direct Donation fund drive is continuing. Funds from our Direct Donation Fund Drive help
to pay for the purchase of new music and instruments, instrument repairs, festival fees, etc.
Donations are tax-deductible and can be sent to DHS Band Boosters, P.O. Box 73522, Davis, CA
95617

We thank everyone for your continued and generous support of our Band Program. If you have
any questions about anything, please contact us.

John and Sue Ebeler
dhsbbpresident at gmail.com