[Dhsbb-jazz] jazz band

Susan Ebeler seebeler at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:30:05 PDT 2012

Dear Jazz Band Families
Tom and the jazz band students have decided on blue shirts this year.  Sue Miille has graciously
agreed to help get the shirts and ties for us again this year. She is going to go to the Van Heusen
outlet and determine if we can still get the same blue color shirts as last year--if so, continuing
students may be able to use their shirts from last year--we will let you know about this as soon
as possible.

To help the process go more smoothly, we would like EVERYONE to please send the neck and arm
length information to Sue Miille (miille at sbcglobal.net) by Wednesday evening this week (October
10).  Here are some tips on figuring out your size:
     To get your neck size, you measure around your neck with 2 fingers inside the measuring tape
so it won't be too tight. Neck sizes run from 14.5 to 18.5.      To ge your sleeve size, you bend
your arm and measure from the middle of the back to the shoulder, shoulder to elbow and elbow
to wrist (then add them together).  Sleeve lengths come in 32/33,  34/35 and 36/37.        Please
note that if your neck size is 15.5 or under, you only have the choice of a 32/33 sleeve and if
your neck size is 17.5 or greater you can only get 34/35 or 36/37 inch sleeves.

There is also a link below to sizes that are available (this is a Kohl's site, but will likely be the Van
Heusen shirts that we get):
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/vanheusen/shirts/PRD~1013917/Van+Heusen+
Fitted+Solid+Poplin+PointCollar+Dress+Shirt.jsp

We are expecting that the price for the shirts will be approximately $25 and the ties will be
around $20. We will have the final cost for you when we have the shirts.

Thanks to Sue Miille for helping with this again, and please don't forget to get the size
information to her (miille at sbcglobal.net) by Wed.

thanks everyone!
Sue and John