[Dhsbb-jazz] Update on Band Booster's Event, Booth and Raffle 10/20 at Jazz and Beat Festival

Katherine Miller jndkmllr at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 11 20:07:03 PDT 2012

Hey, Band Boosters and Band Students,

Here's the latest news about the Jazz and Beat Festival.  We have only a
little more than One Week to go before the Davis Jazz and Beat Festival.  If
you have never been downtown during this Festival you are in for a treat.
We are excited to have our Jazz Band be given such a prime time and a great
spot to play.  The Festival organizers would like the Band Students to help
by going around and posting flyers around town.  There are posters at the
band class that students can pick up.

Other ways to help can be checked out at:

www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C054DA5A8283-dhsband

There are a few slots still looking for volunteers, but most are filled!
Thanks, Folks!

The Raffle is picking up steam.  Some student will win a $50 gift
certificate for selling the most raffle tickets.  Here are the initials of
our top sellers to date:

1.      H. A. in Symphonic Band

2.      F. E. in Symphonic Band

3.      Tied by: N. W. in Jazz Band, E. R. in Concert Band and D. T. in
Concert Band.

More Raffle tickets can be picked up in class on Friday or at the Car Wash
on Saturday.  Money and unsold tickets can be dropped off any day in band
class.  It's very close, so anyone can still win.  Participation is fun and
completely voluntary, but please return all tickets that aren't sold.

Just to recap: the Grand Prize is the Google Nexus Tablet.  Other prizes are
a pair of Tickets to the Mondavi, a $50 gift certificate from BestBuy and a
$25 gift certificate from Yolo Berry.  Each $5 (suggested donation) ticket
has a $10 off coupon for Lamppost Pizza, so tickets are worth more than you
pay for them.

Be sure and thank our contributors: Lamppost Pizza, the Mondavi and Gamestop
at the Marketplace.

Cheers,

Katherine

Katherine Miller