[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove Planning Meeting

Susan Ebeler seebeler at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 17 21:20:07 PDT 2012

Dear Band Booster Parents

Our first Coconut Grove planning meeting will be on Thursday, October 18 at 7:00 pm in the DHS
Band Room. We expect the meeting to be over by 8:30pm (if not before).   This is a fun event that
is one of the major fundraiser for the band. Coconut Grove is scheduled for March 9, 2013 at
Emerson Jr. High.

The agenda for the evening will be:

1. Overview general format/goals of Coconut Grove
2. Discuss sub-committees and needs for sub-committee chairs/coordinators
3. Brief re-cap of last year's event and what went well, etc.

Below is a list of the subcommittee and things that we will need help with. For most of the sub-
committees there is information that can be passed on to you from previous coordinators, so
don't worry if you've not done this before--we should have most of the information you'll need.
Thanks to all the people who have already signed up on sign-up genius to help-- we still need
LOTS more help though, so even if you haven't signed up yet, please join us on Thursday to find
out more.

We hope that you will be able to attend the meeting on October 18. If you can't make it and have
any questions or would like to volunteer as a subcommittee coordinator please let me know.

Thanks again for volunteering to help with this event. We look forward to seeing you on the 18th.

Coconut Grover Coordinators: Gurbinder Nijjar (dhsbbcoconut at gmail.com), Susan and John
Ebeler (dhsbbpresident at gmail.com)

Subcommittees and coordinators
*Facilities and Set-up
*Decorations
*Student volunteers/Helpers
*Food
*Drinks/coffee
*Drinks/Mocktails
*Sound
*Silent Auction
*Raffle
*Tickets
*Performers/Program
*Student Food and Snacks
*Event Treasurer

Day of event activities--we'll be getting more volunteers for many of these areas as we get closer
to the date of Coconut Grove:

*Volunteers to help with check-in on night of event
*Volunteers to help with set-up
*Volunteer to bring baked goods