[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz and Beat Festival and the DHS Bands

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 28 08:39:36 PDT 2012

Sent on behalf of Katherine Miller.  Please reply to her directly at jndkmllr at pacbell.net.

Hi Parents!

Today (Friday) kicks off the Jazz and Beat Festival / Band Booster Raffle.  Please look for the Raffle tickets coming home with your students.  This is the message that we have given the students along with the tickets:

Jazz and Beat Festival and the DHS Bands
Let the Raffle Begin!

Parents: We need your help and your student's help to keep our band program strong.  Students are being given raffle tickets to sell, and we would appreciate your support in this effort.  Participation is completely voluntary.

Students:

  1.  To help make it fun, whoever sells the most tickets wins a prize.  The top seller will have bragging rights, and will also get a $50 gift certificate from BestBuy, for selling the most tickets.
  2.  Here are 10 raffle tickets to sell, if you want to.  When selling tickets, keep the stub with the person's name and the donation to put in this envelope.  You can also put unsold tickets in this envelope and return all of it to the band room.  If you want to sell more tickets and go for the prize, you can get more tickets on Friday mornings at the band room or by contacting Katherine Miller, at 530-219-3422 or by email at jndkmllr at pacbell.net<mailto:jndkmllr at pacbell.net>.
  3.  Participation is completely voluntary.  If you prefer not to sell tickets, no worries, just return this envelope with the tickets to the band room.

More info:  The Raffle Drawing will happen during the Jazz Band Performance at the Jazz and Beat Festival, on 10-20-2012.  The Grand Prize is the highly popular new computer tablet, the Google Nexus.  Some other lucky people will win two tickets to the Mondavi, a BestBuy gift certificate or a Yolo Berry gift certificate.  The prize winners do not have to be present to win, and all ticket holders will be winners, since Lamppost Pizza has included a $10 coupon on every raffle ticket.

So have fun and good luck selling tickets.  See you at the Jazz and Beat Festival!

THANK YOU, LAMPPOST PIZZA and THE MONDAVI PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

We hope to have students sell raffle tickets in their neighborhood, during the home Football Game on 10/19 and downtown during the Jazz and Beat Festival.  Again, participation is voluntary.

Please call me with any questions.  We hope that you and your student will enjoy this fund raiser.  Remember-every raffle ticket has a $10 coupon from Lamppost Pizza!

Cheers,

Katherine
Katherine Miller
530-219-3422