[Dhsbb-jazz] Music Students on KDVS

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Mon Apr 1 09:56:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I believe this is a wonderful opportunity to share with the Davis community the diverse talent that comprises the DHS music ensembles. For those interested in participating, I will consider this akin to an outside performance and offer points for participation.
 All the best!
Mr. Slabaugh
This is call for all of our musical prodigies, enthusiasts, and solo-wizards! KDVS, the University's educational freeform radio station, is looking for high-school aged soloists or ensembles to perform and be interviewed on-air during a "community student-spotlight" hour of programming. For years KDVS had such a program, in the vein of NPR's "From the Top", but it went off-air years ago and hasn't been seen for quite the while. Now a new DJ is interested in bringing it back, and the DHS musical ensembles are the first to be called. If anyone at all is interested in performing a solo on-air, please write to natelythegreat at gmail.com<mailto:natelythegreat at gmail.com> to put in your request. She asks that you be willing to be interviewed on-air and to have a prepared recording of your work, if possible. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me at jconant5 at gmail.com<mailto:jconant5 at gmail.com>; I can also help you record a solo if you need.
Hope to see you down at the station!
John Conant
DJ Foxworthy

Thomas E Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>
(530) 757-5400 ext. 168

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.