[Dhsbb-jazz] Urgent-last minute band trip help needed tomorrow

John Ebeler jdebeler at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 10 11:55:31 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

We need help inspecting all bags/cases before they are loaded on the buses.  Tom would like to
start at 1pm, and we will continue until everything is checked.  If we can get several people working
on it, we will be able to get everything/everyone loaded in time to stay on schedule.

If you can help, please let me know so we can have an idea of how to set things up.  If you haven’t
responded to me but discover tomorrow that you can help, just come to the IPAB at the high school
and there will be plenty for everyone to do.

Very briefly, Tom has learned that some of our students intend to take illegal substances along with
them on the band trip with the plan of having a party at the hotel in Anaheim.  I know I don’t have
to explain why this can’t be allowed.  We have now been put in the infuriating position of having to
check everyone’s bags.  I realize that most of the students are not part of the group causing the
problem, and I sincerely apologize to everyone who is subjected to these searches even though
they are not involved with any illegal activity.  We are taking these steps only to try to keep all
students safe while on the trip.

Thanks.

John