[Dhsbb-jazz] Disney update

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 16:15:02 PDT 2013

Hi All,
The DHS Bands are on their way!  The busses finally rolled out around  3:30
this afternoon.  They will stop for a couple of bathroom breaks and a
dinner break likely around Kettleman City.  Thank you to all the families  who
brought snack foods for the kids.  I think there are more snacks than  we've
ever had on a trip before - you guys are truly awesome to rally that much
response with less than 24 hrs. notice!

Attached is the Itinerary for the trip.  Know that your kids will be  kept
very busy and be well supervised during the trip, all while having the
opportunity to make some new friends, form stronger bonds with other band mates,
 have some new musical experiences at the collegiate and professional level
and  well, just have fun!  They will be making the music track to an
animation  piece during their workshop, so be sure to come to the May band booster
meeting  where hopefully we will be able to show them to everyone.  It is
really  amazing how well the students do with this, and the Disney folks
remember our  DHS groups and pull out their more challenging pieces that they
cannot use with  most of the schools that tour there.  Also be sure to check
out the DHS  Bands Face Book page for periodic updates during the trip!

The group will be staying at:

Embassy Suites, Anaheim North
3100 East Frontera Street,
Anaheim