[Dhsbb-jazz] Delta Jazz Festival - Information

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Thu Dec 5 12:58:22 PST 2013

Oops,…Here are the attachments!

Mr. S
----------------------------
Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

On Dec 5, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Thomas Slabaugh II <tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>> wrote:

Hi all,

Here is the general information for the Delta Jazz Festival this Saturday, December 7th, 2013.

Note: One of the reasons we attend these festivals is to watch other ensembles perform. It is integral to our development, as musicians, that we take every available opportunity to listen as much music as possible. Festivals, such as this one, provide opportunities for our performers to hear a wide variety of performances at a single venue, together, so they are able to compare their observations with classroom activities. As such, we are providing ample time for the students to listen to other ensembles on this day.

AT THIS TIME, I DON’T KNOW WHO IS DRIVING STUDENTS TO THIS EVENT. This is a bit disconcerting, but I have always been able to rely upon the good graces of our parents. If you are able to attend and help with driving, please let me know as soon as possible.

Schedule

10:00AM: Report to DHS, room PA3. Students will need the following - Instrument(s), accessories (e.g. reeds, sticks, patch cords, etc…), uniform (complete with ties, black shoes and socks), $ for food, completed permission trip forms

10:30AM - Depart DHS for Delta College, 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton CA

Immediately after arrival at Delta College, we will identify a meeting location (usually at the Atherton Theater Box Office) for later events during the day.
* Special Note: Students are expected to watch bands at this festival. No one is allowed to leave the immediate area without the direct permission of Mr. Slabaugh. All students are expected to stay together in groups, no one is to be left alone!

Noon - There is a wonderful performance/clinic with the Brubeck Fellows and Eva Scow in the Tillie Lewis Theater. Everyone in attendance should be at this clinic/concert.

Afternoon bands begin at 1pm. See the schedule (attached) for more information.

3:20PM - Gather at our meeting location with all equipment/music and head to Locke 118 immediately. DO NOT BE LATE!!

3:55PM - Performance in Tillie Lewis Theater

~ 4:20PM - Clinic in Locke Lounge

We will all put away our equipment and head back to Atherton Auditorium for the awards ceremony, scheduled to begin at 5:15PM

Immediately following the awards ceremony, we will go to dinner at a local restaurant.

We have tickets for the evening show, featuring "Espacio<http://www.evascowmusic.com/>" with guest Eric Marienthal<http://www.ericmarienthal.com/bio.html>. The show usually begins at ~8:00PM and we will stay for the entire show. Tickets for students are provided by the Band Boosters. Parents may purchase tickets from the Band Boosters on the day of the event or, if no more remain, purchase tickets at the box office. We will head back to Davis after this show is completed, usually around 10PM.

Please read through the attached information from Delta College. It is comprehensive and should answer most questions.

Many thanks!

Mr. Slabaugh

Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.