[Dhsbb-jazz] Donations for a Silent Auction to be held on Evening at Coconut Grove (3/9)

poornima balasubramanyam poornima_mk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 10:43:42 PST 2013

Dear DHS
Band Families and Friends,

  “If you want to make a song more hummy, add a
few tiddley poms,” said Pooh.

 This is a repeat call for Silent Auction items
for our annual Evening At Coconut Grove fundraiser that will be held on March
9.  Think of your contributions as "tiddley poms" to the beautiful music our kids create in the DHS band
programs!  I have had some generous offers so far from this group - please join in the effort - all ideas and donations are welcome!  Team up with others and create fun baskets (movie nights, ethnic dinners, cooking lessons, game nights, craft items,...).  No idea is too small!

Please remember that the money we raise here
is critical to further the music education of our kids - these funds support instrument purchases and repairs, music
purchases, adjudicator fees, band festival fees, honor band fees for the
director's participation, etc.  In
addition, each year, we arrange for the band programs to perform at an outside
venue – this year’s venue is Disneyland.

I am attaching a letter that you can fill and email back to me with details of your donation!  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Once again,
hoping to hear from ALL of you!

Best wishes,
-poornima

Poornima Balasubramanyam
(Silent Auction Coordinator for "An Evening at Coconut Grove")