[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz Girls Day

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Wed Feb 27 08:24:07 PST 2013

Hi all,

A continuing issue in the world of jazz is the underrepresentation of women and girls in jazz. At the recent California Educators Conference I attended, this issue was addressed as a part of a presentation about expanding jazz offerings throughout California public schools.

Attached to this email is a workshop, offered by Berkeley High School, that hopes to engage girls in the world of jazz performance. It is free and is not connected with DHS or the DJUSD. However, the jazz band director at BHS has assembled a wonder day of events that encourages and supports young women in jazz. If you are female, I suggest you attend this FREE event and get involved!

Mr. Slabaugh
Thomas E Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School