[Dhsbb-jazz] Folsom Jazz Festival - Directors Information Packet and event details

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Tue Jan 22 08:22:57 PST 2013

Hi all,

Attached is a copy of the Director's packet I just received. Feel free to look it over and get a feel for how this festival will run.

We will meet at DHS this Saturday at 6:00am. We will depart at 6:15am for Folsom, so please be on time and ready to roll! Here is an overview of the schedule...

6:15am: Depart DHS
7:20am: Arrive at Rolling Hills Christian Church
~7:35am: Begin warm-ups
8:00am: Perform
~8:30am: Clinic
~9:00am: You may stay or leave with your parents.

I am notifying the contest organizers that we will NOT be staying the entire day. The finals performance, if we qualify, would have us play one piece (5 minutes or less) at around 7pm that evening. There seems to be little reason to ask everyone to devote the entire day to this event when we have such an early start time.

If you are available, you are encouraged to stay and listen to all the performing groups. Each DHS band member will get a wristband allowing them entrance to all the venues. The cost for others attending is listed below:
Admission
$12.00 General admission
$ 9.00 Seniors

I will be staying for the entire day and enjoying the music. If you plan on leaving, you MUST be checked out by a parent. Please plan ahead...

All the best!

Mr. Slabaugh
Thomas E Slabaugh II
Director of Bands