[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove help needed

John Ebeler jdebeler at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 4 08:32:04 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

We received emails this weekend from the volunteer coordinators for Coconut Grove appealing for
some help, and we are now turning to you.  Coconut Grove is scheduled for this Saturday evening,
March 9.  We currently have seating available for approximately 60 more dinner reservations.  Last
year’s meal elicited all positive reviews, so this year’s food will be the same and will again be
generously catered by Dos Coyotes.  If your Saturday evening is still free, please consider coming
out to support the high school band program and enjoy an evening of outstanding food and music.
Several local youth jazz bands will provide entertainment, and the evening will culminate with a
performance by the award-winning DHS Jazz Band.  We will contact Dos Coyotes on Wednesday to
give them a final number for food preparation, so if you would like to enjoy the meal please let us
know by then.  Reservation forms/contact information can be downloaded at the DHS Band
Boosters website (either www.dhsbandboosters.com or http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters)—
look in the top right corner of the page.  If you’re concerned about the postal service delivering
your reservation on time, you can drop it off in the band room; I will check for any last-minute
forms on Wednesday.

The other component to this plea revolves around the fact that we are an all-volunteer
organization:  the volunteer list to help with setup, cleanup, and jobs at Coconut Grove still has
many blank lines.  If you can help with setup on Friday evening or with any of the several tasks that
need to be done on Saturday, please visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4FA8AD2AA57-
coconut to sign up.  Quite simply, we cannot make any of our events happen without volunteer
support, and Coconut Grove is no different.  Please come out and do what you can to help make
this event a success.  If you’re anything like me, it will likely turn out to be the best part of your day
—the volunteers who show up are wonderful people, and since students are also helping on Friday
and Saturday we get to spend more time with our kids.

This is one of the band’s most important fundraisers of the year.  Davis residents in general, and
band parents and friends in particular, have annually provided generous support to keep music in
our classrooms.  We are asking for your help again this year to keep our high school band program
one of the strongest in the region and make this year’s experience positive for our students.

Thank you for all you’ve done for Tom and the students.  We hope to see you Friday and Saturday.

John and Sue Ebeler