[Dhsbb-jazz] [Dhsbb-concert] Jazz and Beat Wrap-up

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Wed Oct 9 08:59:11 PDT 2013

Very nice! Many thanks to Katherine Miller for her help with all of the coordination of this great event!

Mr. S
----------------------------
Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

On Oct 8, 2013, at 11:50 PM, "Horn, John A" <john.a.horn at intel.com<mailto:john.a.horn at intel.com>>
 wrote:

All,
Below is a note from Katherine Miller about the Jazz and Beat Festival.  I would like to offer up a big “THANK YOU KATHERINE” for all the work that she put in to this in addition to all the others that helped.  It was quite successful!
Cheers,  ~JAH

Hi Music Families,
The Jazz and Beat Festival, as predicted, was fun and inspiring to watch.  The Davis community and visitors heard the Davis High School Jazz Band “hit the high notes” under the direction of Dr. Slabaugh.  The Band Boosters connected with the arts community and the general public at the Booster’s Pop Ups. At the Band Booster’s booth, people saw our Davis High School Bands informational poster, read news about the Raffle and ate Baked Treats donated by our members.  The Concert Band sold the most Raffle tickets, but the whole band program is a winner!  Lamppost Pizza has generously donated a Pizza Party to the entire Band Program.  Date and time to be announced later.
As a fund raiser, we grossed $809 before expenses: which included $219 from the Bake Sale and $590 from the Raffle.  All the raffle prizes, the Band Raffle Pizza Party and the ticket printing were donated.  Please thank Lamppost Pizza for the raffle tickets and the Pizza Party.  Other Raffle Donations were made by Mondavi Performing Arts Program who gave our band program a voucher for 2 tickets to a performance, YoloBerry Yogurt who gave our program a $25 gift certificate, the Horn Family who donated the grand prize of a weekend stay at Serene Lakes, and an anonymous band family who bought and donated the $50 Davis Downtown Businesses Gift Card.
Other people who pitched in to help make the day such a good one included Darlene Comingore, Stanley Young, Jennifer Sommers, Theresa and Lyle Najita, Cate Albright, Gwenn Benner, Christina Young, Diana Wilkinson, Karen Nathanson, Ingrid Brust-Mascher, and Walter Lucio.  Also thanks to Mike Busch, Band Booster Alumni, who donated his pop-up tent.    I’m sure there were others who dropped off goodies but whose names I didn’t catch during the busy times at the booth.  Thanks to all.
Cheers,

Katherine
Katherine Miller
530-219-3422