[Dhsbb-jazz] Homecoming 2013 Information

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Thu Sep 26 16:37:54 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Here is a synopsis of everything we will be doing in association with Homecoming 2013. Please read thoroughly and speak with Mr. Slabaugh if you have questions.

Mr. S
----------------------------
Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

Events, Dates, and Information
Friday, October 4, 2013: Homecoming Rally
All students participating in this rally will need to sign up during class on Friday, September 27 through Wednesday, October 2, 2013. These students will be excused from class at 8:50 (during 2nd period) to get their musical instrument, warm up, and head to the North Gym for the rally. Students should be able to return to 3rd period in time within the first ten minutes of class. Musical selections will be announced at that time.
*Special Note: DaVinci students will likely miss their entire 2nd period class and a portion of the beginning of their 3rd period class.

The Rally schedule for this day is as follows:
RALLY ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE
1st Period        7:45-8:30 a.m.
2nd Period       8:36-9:24 a.m.
Assembly         9:24-10:00 a.m.
Break               10:06-10:10 a.m.
3rd Period       10:16-11:04 a.m.
4th Period       11:10 a.m.-12:04 p.m.
LUNCH            12:04-12:48 p.m.
5th Period       12:54-1:42 p.m.
6th Period       1:48-2:36 p.m.
7th Period       2:42-3:30 p.m.
 Wednesday, October 9, 2013: Pep Band Rehearsal with the 9th grade students. 7:00pm to 9:00pm at DHS Room PA3
All band students are welcome to participate in this combined rehearsal with all 9th grade band students to introduce them to the fun we have representing our school as a Pep Band. This is a wonderful chance to get ready for Homecoming, welcome future band member to DHS, and have a great time! Everyone should plan on attending!
 The theme will be announced next week.
 Friday, October 11, 2013: Homecoming!
            All band students are welcome to participate in the parade and game to celebrate the wonderful tradition of Homecoming, the day when we celebrate the long legacy of excellence at DHS by welcoming band our alumni. We have a shortened day schedule on this day, shown below:
 1st Period            7:45am to 8:23am
2nd Period            8:29am to 9:07am
3rd Period            9:13am to 9:51am
4th Period            9:57am to 10:36am
5th Period            10:42am to 11:20am
6th Period            11:26am to 12:04pm
7th Period            12:10pm to 12:48pm
Lunch is after 7th period on this day.
The Parade begins at Central Park at around 1:00pm. We MUST be in place no later than 12:45pm at Central Park.  All students participating in the parade will need to sign up during class on Friday, September 27 through Friday, October 4, 2013. The parade route rounds around a few streets and heads back to DHS, where the parade ends. We will meet in room PA3 at 11:30am on this day, gather our instruments and equipment, and walk as a group to Central Park and march back. If a few parents are able to help transport the large instruments (e.g. Sousaphone, Drums, etc…) from DHS to Central Park, which would be a great assistance. Please let Mr. Slabaugh know ASAP and meet at DHS at 11:30am on this day.
 In order to participate, all students MUST have a completed “Parent/Guardian School Sponsored Trip Authorization (Form 2a)” and “Parent/Guardian Emergency Procedure/Insurance Verification (Form 2b)” turned in to Mr. Slabaugh by Thursday, October 10th. These forms will be ready for distribution on Friday, September 27th.
 All students will be dismissed from DHS at the conclusion of the parade, at or around 1:45pm on this day.
 The football game is this evening. The call time for all DHS Band members participating in this event is 6:00pm in room PA3. The Pep Band will include all the 9th graders who attended the rehearsal and as well as the Pep Band. The game should end around 9:45pm and we will head back to the band room for dismissal. Please have all rides home arrive at the DHS iPAB no later than 10:00pm this evening.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.