[Dhsbb-jazz] Band Trip Hotel, Airline, Phone and Permission Slip Packet info

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:35:00 PDT 2014

Just a reminder to get those permission forms turned in to the box in the band room.   Mr. Slabaugh has extra copies if anyone needs a packet.  Please turn these in along with the medical forms signed by the physician by this Friday, April 25th.

A few trip reminders:

Check your cell phone plan for Canada, and discuss with your child how/when to use their phone on this trip.  Most kids will likely need to turn off their phones while out of the USA due to high charges for texts and calls whether they initiate them or just receive them.  There will be designated chaperones that will always have their phones on for students to reach them, so if they need to use their phones they can.

Note:  We will discuss with the students how to change money or use US Dollars in Canada.  Some ATM machines will not work with our US cards in Canada.  A Visa card with a PIN will work, or changing money at a bank or the hotel lobby.  Folks can pay with US dollars, but will receive change in Canadian dollars.  We will discuss how to handle this, the current exchange rate and assist students with any questions/concerns.  They will need some additional spending money for approximately 6 - 7 meals and any souvenirs they purchase.

Save TUES May 13 for luggage drop off at the band room between 4 and 8 p.m.  Specific info will be coming on this.

As a reminder, our flight and hotel info is included below:

5/16/14 Southwest flight 1726 Depart SMF(Sacramento) at 6:45 a.m. Arrive SEA (Seattle/Tacoma) 8:35 a.m.

5/20/14 Southwest flight 3855 Depart SEA 5:15 p.m. Arrive SMF 6:55 p.m.

Hotel:
Seattle: Arrive 5/16 depart 5/17
Embassy Suites - Lynnwood
20610 44th Ave, W. Lynnwood, WA
426-775-2500

Victoria: Arrive 5/17 depart 5/20
Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
345 Quebec St., Victoria BC
250-385-2405

If you still have pledge amounts or travel documents to send, please do so.  Only copies of documents are needed at this time.  Original passports or birth certificates will be collected when we travel.

Send all correspondence to:

DHS Band Boosters - Spring Trip
PO Box 73522
Davis, CA 95617