[Dhsbb-jazz] Welcome Back DHS Band Boosters!!

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Tue Aug 26 22:40:45 PDT 2014

Greetings Everyone and Welcome back to another exciting year of music!

The Band Booster Officers and Mr. Slabaugh have already met a couple times and are laying out the plans for an exciting year.

We have the Officer spots confirmed for the year.  They are:
                        President:                    John Horn
                        Vice President:          Wes Young
                        Treasurer:                    Deepali Bhargava
                        Secretary:                    Gwynn Benner

We have a couple of committee chair and helper positions covered, but still need help in some critical areas.
Please go to this Signup Genius link to see how you can help:
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d49aeab292-20142015

Listservs - We are in the process of getting the listservs updated.  It will likely take a little while.  So if you (your student) just graduated and are still getting regular emails from the listserv, it will be updated shortly.  Hang in there while we make the changes and get the new 10th graders added.  Thx.

Registration:  The online registration site is almost ready.  Hopefully tonight it will be functional.  As soon as it is, we'll send out a note to have everyone go there to do the registration activities.

The most recent DHS Band Booster Calendar is posted on our web site:  www.dhsbandboosters.com<http://www.dhsbandboosters.com>
Please go there to download the Calendar.  If it is not there yet, it should be tomorrow morning.

CALENDAR:  Some of the closest upcoming events are:
                Wed 8/25 - 1st Day of school
                Thur 8/26 - 6:00 - 900 pm:  DHS Band Booster Welcome Back Family BBQ  (6pm - 7:30 pm), Pep Band Rehearsal (7:30-9:00).
                                This year ALL FAMILIES are encouraged to attend.  Come meet your fellow band families.
                                This is a POTLUCK BBQ.  Band Boosters will provide the Hot Dogs and Veggie Dogs, Condiments, etc.
                                If your last name begins with the letter:
A-H, please bring a side dish (Salad - green/fruit/potato/noddle/etc, chips, beans, casserole, etc. )
                                                I-Q, please bring a drink for at least 10 people
                                                R-Z, please bring a dessert for at least 10-15 people.
                Sat 8/30 - Car Wash has been CANCELED  - due to the drought.  We will be looking to supplement with alternate fundraisers this fall.
                Wed 9/3 - 1st DHS Band Boosters Meeting - 7:30 in PA3 - the DHS Band Room.
                Fri 9/5 - 1st DHS Football Game - Pep Band Plays; 6:00 pm meeting time at PA3 - Band Room.
                Sat 9/6 - UC Davis Band Day - Pep Band Plays- 1:00 pm start/practice, 6pm game kickoff, should be over about 9:30pm.

SCRIP - it is time to renew your scrip cards.

This is the final week to log in and reactivate your Scrip account. If you complete the reactivation process by August 31, 2014, all contributions for the month of August will be honored. Please be advised that beginning September 1, 2014 your Scrip account will become inactive and any donations earned will no longer be credited to your preferred organization. Visit https://scrip.nuggetmarket.com or https://www.f4lscrip.com today!     And if anyone needs a new card, they can contact me at thetanfamily at msn.com<mailto:thetanfamily at msn.com>. Thanks!   Jennifer Tan

Looking forward to a great year of music and development!!  See you and your Family Thursday at 6pm at the BBQ.

Cheers,
~JAH

John A. Horn
DHS Band Booster President