[Dhsbb-jazz] Important Victoria Trip information

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 21:59:49 PDT 2014

Hi band families,
The Victoria Band Trip is fast approaching - just 9 weeks away.

Please be sure you have sent in a copy of your travel documents so that we
can make sure we have everything set.  I will be actually ticketing the
flight in about 2 weeks and will be using the documents to confirm exact legal
 names for the airline tickets.  We have about 100 students attending, and
you can imagine the job of tracking down folks at the last minute to get
this  done, so please get those documents in.

Also, please send in those final pledge amounts.  We will be paying  out a
large sum to the airline at that time and we need to make sure we have the
funds to cover it.  If all families honor their pledged amounts we will be
fine, so please get those final pledges in.  If you can't remember your
status with that just contact us and we can provide you with information.   If
your situation has changed and you need to alter your pledge amount please
let us know that too, so we can plan accordingly.  Trip expenses are  adding
up and still less than half of the funds have been collected.

If your child is planning to use a passport you should already have applied
 for that.  If not, you should apply now, but if it doesn't come in time
remember you can use a birth certificate.

Below is a review of the acceptable documents for school group travel to
and from Canada (which does differ from individual family travel):

Travel Documents needed
Students will need to  travel with either:

1. A valid US passport valid until at least June 15,  2014.
(Students with international passports need to be valid until Dec.  1, 2014)

OR

2. A driver's license or school ID (must have photo) AND one of  the
following:

 a notarized copy of the birth certificate
 an original birth  certificate
 a lawful permanent resident card
 naturalization  certificate

Please note that if traveling this way you will also need a permission
slip and possible letter signed by
both parents  listed on the birth certificate allowing travel out of the
country.

All pledge amounts and document copies can be sent to the band booster mail
 box at:

DHS Band Boosters - Spring Trip
PO Box 73522
Davis, CA  95617

Thank you for your timeliness in getting these items completed.

Katie Horn