[Dhsbb-jazz] Audition Results & Post Audition Information

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Sat Mar 15 11:37:02 PDT 2014

Congratulations to everyone for successfully completing your audition. The playing level of those who auditioned was very high this year, making the listening enjoyable and challenging. I sincerely appreciate your hard work and the time you dedicated to preparing your auditions.

The two audition bands at DHS, the Symphonic Band and Jazz Ensemble, have a reputation for performance excellence. This is due to the hard work of those who preceded and gave their time and talents to these fine bands. The expectation is that those students who are being offered positions in these ensembles will continue to work hard to uphold this reputation. It is a responsibility we have been entrusted with by those who have preceded us, the school community, and by the City of Davis. I do not take this responsibility lightly and those who accept membership into these ensembles will be expected to do the same.

If your name appears on the attached list, you are being offered membership into the ensemble for which you are listed. If you accept this membership, you need to do nothing in response to this email. Please enroll for the appropriate class on your registration form and the counselors will add you to the class with my approval.

If your name does not appear on this list, I thank you for your hard work. The decision was not easy to make, but a limited number of positions are available for these audition ensembles. I encourage you to enroll in the DHS Concert Band, a non-audition band. Many past and current Symphonic Band and Jazz Ensemble members came from Concert Band where they continued to develop their playing skills, launching them into an audition ensemble later in their high school life.

If, for some reason, you are unable to accept membership into the audition ensemble, I MUST know no later than Friday, March 21, 2014. Please email me with your full name, instrument, student ID#, and the reason for not accepting the position so I am able to fill the spot from the waiting list. Further, I need to know if issues with enrollment occur so I am able to deal with these issues as necessary.

I am excited to work with you in the coming school year. Please keep practicing over the rest of the current school year and during summer recess. We’ll begin in earnest in August!

Musically,

Mr. Slabaugh

Thomas Slabaugh II, Director of Bands

Davis Senior High School

tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

915.806.2790

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.