[Dhsbb-jazz] IMPORTANT Band Trip Departure and Trip information

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Tue May 6 17:48:59 PDT 2014

The Victoria Trip is almost here!  Here is some important trip  details:

TUESDAY MAY 13  4 - 8 p.m.

Check in for trip at the BAND ROOM.

All students and chaperones traveling on the trip will come to the band
room between these times.  We will be checking in  luggage,  instrument,
medicines, passport and a variety of things as noted on the Victoria  Checklist
sheet.  (In a separate email and also available at the concert  tonight!)

Items will be loaded on the truck which will be departing for Seattle the
next day.  Students will not be playing music in class after Tuesday  of
next week (obviously as their instruments are on their way north!)

FRIDAY MAY 16

Carpools are being arranged to take the entire group - students and
chaperones - to Sacramento airport.  These will depart Davis around 4:30  a.m.
Students will meet their chaperones at the airport and will be  assisted
through security in small groups with their chaperone.

Please consider volunteering to drive a carpool as we have a lot  of rides
to cover.  Thank you to Tracy Skinner for arranging this important  part of
the trip.  If you can help, please let her know:
_skinnerpod at sbcglobal.net_ (mailto:skinnerpod at sbcglobal.net)

Students will have a carry on bag that has whatever they may need for
Friday and Friday night.  They may not be reunited with their luggage until
Saturday in Victoria. Remember that their carry on bag /backpack will be  with
them on the airplane so all TSA guidelines must be followed.  Liquids  are
limited to 3 oz sizes and must all be placed in a quart sized  ziplock
baggie.

TUESDAY MAY 20
Students will return to Davis in carpools.  If you can drive on this  part
of the trip, please also let Tracy know.  Students should be home  around
7:30 p.m.

As a reminder, here is our flight and hotel details for the  trip:

5/16/14 Southwest flight 1726 Depart SMF(Sacramento) at 6:45 a.m. Arrive
SEA (Seattle/Tacoma) 8:35 a.m.

5/20/14 Southwest flight 3855 Depart SEA 5:15 p.m. Arrive SMF 6:55  p.m.

Hotel:
Seattle: Arrive 5/16 depart 5/17
Embassy Suites - Lynnwood
20610 44th Ave, W. Lynnwood, WA