[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Booster Minutes from Nov 4th mtg

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed Dec 2 18:15:55 PST 2015

All,

Here are the minutes from the Nov 4th Band Booster mtg.

Please let me know if there are any inaccuracies.

Cheers,

~JAH

7:35 Mtg Started.              Note:  AR = Action Required

October Band Booster  Minutes Approval - Darlene made motion to approve as written, Diane/Wes seconded the motion.  Approved unanimously

Connected Form signed by the officers.  Still need to have Tom sign it.

Band director - Tom OOP, not feeling well.

Calendar - John reviewed the upcoming events/activities for Nov/Dec and key 2016 items.

Additional help needed for Rent-A-Band.  Note out tonight.

Rent-a-band - We should do an insert for concert programs.

AR: Diane L to send John flyer for insert.

AR: JAH - Approve & send insert to Sharon or Tom's choice for the program generation.

Honor Band Audition CDs are due to Tom by Nov 20.

Concert snacks - Diane Layman will help with this.

Two events that are non-school related are listed below.  You can google the event to get signup information.  It is a neat way to play Christmas music with a couple hundred other musicians.

Tuba Christmas in Sacramento on the 12th of Dec.

Saxophone Christxmas is in San Jose on the 19th of Dec.

Disneyland trip - forms are coming in , heard from about 80 kids (75 yes)

Pledges are looking pretty good but still need more .  Will accept funds at any time.

Have hotel reservation in place, should be approved/signed at this weeks school board meeting (early Nov).

Need more fundraisers to help raise money for the trips.  People with ideas are encouraged to bring in proposals.

Jazz band - Instrumentation for disney trip looking good.

Should have 1st Disneyland trip planning mtg in a couple of weeks (mid-Nov).

Haven't submitted the performance packet yet, but need to get things together

Still need music clips from tom.   AR: Katie working to get these in place.

New Orleans -  Jazz Band trip

Heard from everyone except 1 with 20 kids confirmed to be going.

Airline payment made, really good deal on this.

Awesome hotel deal as well, with 6 sleepers,

Only 1 person that haven't heard from, but confirmed going.

Confirmed 20-21 people.

Direct donations:   should have them all stamped and in the mail tonight.  11/4.

Karen & Lisa Best  are heading up this effort.

AR: Ron will send confirmation letters out for donations over $200.

Also will be sending the CD/DVD forms.

CD/DVD - need an helper with this.

Is there a way to get downloadable site for the music?  Unfortunately we can not do this due to music copyright and distribution issues.

AR: JAH - check with Tom Estes to see if he has done anything with alternate wave files, etc.

Concerts - concert blacks - get the wordout . AR: Katie to initiate a message on this.

Jazzband - new shirt and tie combination have been decided on and ordered.

AR: Darlene to send the email on the shirts

Coconut grove is our largest fundraiser of the year-   Phil B helping with this

We have more people wanting to play than we have time to play.

This year talking about doing a two day event.

Sat more formal w/ dinner, sun some kind of afternoon concert , less formal.

Dhs jazz band be the center piece, other Celia's combos and other student groups.

Saturday being the main event.

Should start the meetings pretty soon.

Call for helpers at the Nov 17th,

Send out signup genius again.  AR:  JAH.

Is there a way to setup Paypal on our website for donations?

AR: Wes (?) to look into whether we can do this on the site

There has also been a request for live streaming of our concerts for relatives and others not able to physically attend.

AR: JAH to check with Kathy on what can be done with the iPAB.

Fundraising idea offered up by Karen Sprague.

Jazz Breakfast - Applebees - pancake breakfast - football team does it annually.

They sell tickets for $10 and they keep the entire cost.

We could split $5/$5.   We could sell tickets, $15??

Flapjack fundraiser -

Saturday morning 8-10am

Kids need to serve.

Possibly February Timeframe.

How many can it hold?

AR: Karen to get some more information on this.

Katie just picked up the Lampost Pizza food checks - we made last year before Picnic day - $137

Fall before homecoming $230, definitely good to have the band play.

Will do another one before Picnic Day.

8:50 pm Mtg Adjourned.