[Dhsbb-jazz] Last minute items for the San Diego Trip

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 13 18:02:05 PDT 2015

Here are some last minute reminders since some of my emails have not been getting through on all list serves:

In addition to the items listed previously please bring:

The new alcohol form signed and a new signed 2b form that Mr. Slabaugh has handed out in class this week.

Weather is expected to be in the 60's and rain is forecasted for our drive down on Friday.  Some warm clothes are essential!

Plan on lots of walking every day - bring comfortable footwear.

A flashlight is very useful at our evening BBQ because it is pitch black once the sun goes down.

What to Pack:
Refer to the packing list that came with your field trip forms for more details, but listed here are a few reminders too of what to pack:

Medications  (original containers and labeled in a zip lock bag)

Blue Band Polo Shirt (See Mr. Slabaugh NOW if you don't yet have one.  Student requested donation for these is just $10 - half the cost of the actual shirt)  We will be performing in this shirt so please bring one.  You have a week to find it if you purchased one in the Fall.... (all students and chaperones)

Casual Blacks (white collar shirt with sleeves - can be polo) black pants or very dark black jeans (not faded, no holes), all black shoes, black socks   (ALL band and jazz band students)

Jazz Band shirt /tie  (jazz band students only)

Music stand (folding)

Photo ID  (student body card is fine)

Spending money (Purchases will include food at rest stops en route Fri and Tues, 2 lunches on trip, souvenirs if desired.  There are flight simulators on the USS Midway that cost $8 for those interested)

Cell phone and Charger

Swim suit for hotel pool only (no towel needed)

Sunglasses (essential to be able to see music when playing on USS Midway)

Sunscreen

Sweatshirt or sweater for cool evenings at baseball game and BBQ at the park

Instrument (and reeds, valve oil etc..)

Plan to bring a sack lunch to eat while preparing to board the busses before departure on Friday. There is not time to leave campus for lunch on Friday before we depart!