[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band - Pep Band Tonight and Details on Saturday's UC Davis Band Day

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Thu Sep 10 16:29:03 PDT 2015

Greeting DHS Band Boosters,
This Saturday the DHS Band has the opportunity to play at the UC Davis 2015 Band Day with the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh!
This is a really fun opportunity to play with the Aggies and other High School bands on the football field for halftime.
All band students are invited to join us and it will be basically a Pep Band type event.

We will meet at 12:45 pm at the entrance to the stadium tunnel (NW side of the Stadium, closest to Hutchinson & 113), and walk in together for rehearsal.

We will be wearing our DHS Blue Polo band shirts, dark shorts (of some kind), tennis shoes (must be closed toed shoes), sunscreen and a hat for practicing.
Bring sunglasses, as the sun will be in our faces (likely) during the 1st part of the game.
Also bring a water bottle with your name on it.
It is also going to be HOT, so plan accordingly.

IMPORTANT:  If you have a lyre for your instrument, please bring it, otherwise you will have to memorize the music (on the fly).

Eat lunch before coming, and plan on bringing some $$ to buy a hotdog or something at the snack bar in the stadium after the game begins.
Rehearsal will be from 1-3pm, then the students need to be back at the ARC (UC Davis Athletic & Recreation Center) by 4:30 pm (or before) where the Aggie Band will perform for us and then we'll head over to the stadium.   You can hang out at the ARC in between rehearsal and 4:30 pm staging time if you like.   It has AC. :)

After the game, please pick up your students on the west side of the stadium in the parking lot area around 9:15 pm.  You can call or text me with update/status.
I will try to remember to send out a note to everyone when the game is 5 minutes from the end.

We will have the Blue Band Polos for sale tonight ($10 for 1st one per student, and $20 for replacements or other family members) at the pep band rehearsal which starts at 7:30pm in the band room (PA3).
We take cash or checks (made out to DHS Band Boosters).

Should be tons of fun!

Cheers,
~JAH
John Horn
DHS Band Booster President
(916) 804-5017  cell

2015 BAND DAY
WITH THE CAL AGGIE
MARCHING BAND-UH!

[BandDay2014]
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
at UC Davis Aggie Stadium

EVENT DETAILS:

  *   Opportunity to perform in a halftime performance with the Cal Aggie Marching Band-Uh! on the Aggie Stadium Field.
  *   Sit with Band-Uh! during the game and cheer on the Aggies in their home opener football game againt South Dakota.
  *   Free admission for high school band members, directors, and chaperones (1 per 10 members)
  *   Day-long event including rehearsal prior to the game and a post-game performance

EVENT TIMELINE:

  *   1 p.m. - Rehearsal in Aggie Stadium
  *   3 p.m. - End of rehearsal - we have the ARC ballroom reserved for bag lunch eating
  *   4:30 p.m. - Performance from the CAMB in the ballroom
  *   5:10 p.m. - All bands head to the stadium, high schools split off and enter through the south entrance, CAMB plays for tailgating
  *   6:06 p.m. - Kickoff! Cheer on the Aggies to a victory
  *   7:30 p.m. - Halftime! Perform on the Aggie Stadium field
  *   9:00 p.m. - Optional Post-game performance with the CAMB outside the stadium

Game Details:
Aggie Football Home Opener vs South Dakota - 6pm