[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: "The President's Own" United States Marine Band's "March Mania"

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 26 15:44:30 PST 2016

This is a fun game! Everyone should participate and have fun!

Mr. S

On 2/26/16, 11:36 AM, "M_MBW_Marine_Band_Public_Affairs_Office" <M_MBW_Marine_Band_Public_Affairs_Office at usmc.mil> wrote:

>Greetings from the John Philip Sousa Band Hall!
>
>"March Mania" begins March 7! What is "March Mania"?
>
>From March 7 through April 6, "The President's Own" will host a tournament pitting 32 marches against each other for the Marine Band online community to determine which one is the favorite. Every day, marches will compete head to head while our friends and fans vote which marches advance in the tournament. You can visit the Marine Band website to listen to the competing marches, download a tournament bracket, and vote for your favorites as individuals and as a class! The champion march will be announced on April 7. In order to win "Sousa's March Mania" you must obtain a perfect bracket, completed prior to the start of the first game at 9 a.m., on March 7 (honor system). If you win, you'll be named an honorary "March King" for a day! Participants are also invited to share completed brackets with the Marine Band by emailing them to marineband.publicaffairs at usmc.mil or posting to facebook.com/marineband. For details visit http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016.We are looking forward to a great competition!
>
>If you would like us to send you supplemental educational materials, please fill out the following online form: http://goo.gl/forms/tXt4xXzghz.
>
>Below are the links to the supplemental resources on our March Mania webpage which includes the following:
>
>March Mania home page: http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016
>
>Program notes on each march: http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016notes
>
>Bracket: http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016bracket
>
>Playlist on YouTube: http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016playlist
>
>Zip file to download all marches (album 1): http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016album1
>
>Zip file to download all marches (album 2): http://bit.ly/MarchMania2016album2
>
>John Philip Sousa's Bio: http://bit.ly/SousaBio
>
>Please let us know if you need anything else!

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.