[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: Harper Band Fundraiser

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Wed Jan 20 13:47:49 PST 2016

FYI

Mr. S

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amy Brugger <amybrugger at icloud.com<mailto:amybrugger at icloud.com>>
Date: January 20, 2016 at 1:19:45 PM PST
To: Thomas Slabaugh <tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>>
Subject: Harper Band Fundraiser

Hi Mr. Slabaugh,

My name is Amy Brugger. My son Jake Brugger is in the concert band this year at the high school.

I also have an 8th grade band student at Harper and I am the VP of the Harper Band Boosters. I’m emailing you because we have a concert / fundraiser coming up called Sweet Notes on February 19th in the Harper MPR. This is a really fun night where the band boosters provides all-you-can-eat dessert and the kids provide the entertainment with by performing music they have chosen in small combo groups or as solo acts. It’s a really great night and the kids work on their performances for weeks at lunch or outside of school, so it’s fun to see what they come up with. We also invite the current 6th grade band students who will be attending Harper next year to come and see what band is all about at the junior high level. As you know, the more kids we can retain in the band program entering junior high, the more you will eventually end up with at the high school. So, although this is partly a fundraiser to help pay for our spring band trip every year, it is also an important outreach tool to keep kids interested in band and encourage them to play in junior high and beyond.

Every year a few Harper alums ask me how they can get tickets because they want to come back and enjoy Sweet Notes as an alum.

If you would be willing, could you send this ticket/RSVP form out to the high school band students and their families in case they would like to join us. All the information should be on the flyer. But I’m happy to answer questions as well [Amy Brugger amyebrugger at sbcglobal.net<mailto:amyebrugger at sbcglobal.net>].

Let me know what you think.

Take care,
Amy Brugger

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.