[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: Symphonic and Jazz Band Audition Results

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 14 12:41:46 PDT 2016

From: Thomas Slabaugh [mailto:taktman at comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 9:21 AM
To: Courtenay Tessler <CTessler at djusd.net>
Subject: Symphonic and Jazz Band Audition Results

Hi all,

Attached are the audition results for these ensembles.

Ms. Tessler – Please consider this list in lieu of my signature to register students for these two ensembles.

Mr. Quick, Ms. Sanchez, and Ms. Tonus: We have significant needs in Symphonic Band for Clarinets, French Horns, and Trombones. I am willing to hear students interested in joining the Symphonic Band audition for me as soon as possible. Please have them contact me very soon.

To all who auditioned,

My sincere thanks for your hard work and significant effort. Having been on both sides of auditions for many years, I recognize the hard work and stress that is inherent in preparing and performing an audition. I am most grateful for your time.

If you did not make the ensemble you had hoped to perform in this coming year, I understand how you may be disappointed. Please know that auditions for DHS Bands are a very competative environment and making a decision is difficult. I am happy to review your individual audition result in the hopes of helping you improve in the future. I also highly encourage you join the DHS Concert Band and keep playing. In both of these audition ensembles, members (past and present) came from this very fine ensemble and used their time in this group to develop their overall musicianship and skills.

Once again, my sincere thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Mr. S
--
Thomas Slabaugh II, Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School